Here are some pre and post workout eating tips to help you optimize your exercise regimen:
- Load up on carbs: One hour before you workout,
you could at a fruit (apple or banana), toast or cornflakes and wash it
down with a glass of water. This will give you the necessary energy and
help you stay hydrated.
- Don’t starve: Exercising on an empty stomach is a
no-no. It could lead to fatigue and a lack of energy.
- Avoid heavy meals: Normal individuals should maintain a gap of 2-3 hours between a heavy meal and a workout. This is to ensure that your sugar level reaches an optimum level.
- Eat within an hour: Once your workout is over,
ensure that you eat within an hour. This will help prevent infections, as
the body is most prone during this hour.
- Stay hydrated: The body loses salt while
sweating. Replenish lost electrolytes with coconut water or some other
- Greens: To support digestion, make sure that you include plenty of greens in your meal, as they are rich in fiber.