- Balanced Diet Those observing a fast should have at least two meals a day which contain foods
from all major food groups including fruits, vegetables, cereals, milk, fish,
fat and sugar. Fiber rich foods like grains, seeds, green beans and whole wheat
are also encouraged. Dates also provide a burst of energy.
- WaterDrink plenty of water, perhaps even more than your normal intake, so that your
body remains hydrated throughout your fast.
- Rest & Relaxation Heal your body through adequate rest. Take short naps, read or watch television to pass the time.
- Foods to avoid Avoid foods that are deep-fried and high on sugar and fat like pakoras,
samosas, gulab jamun, rasgulla, parathas etc.
- Limit caffeine
& tobaccoCoffees, sodas, teas and energy drinks all contain high amounts of caffeine and
may lead to headaches and other unwanted side-effects during your fast.
- Avoid strenuous activity Exercising during a fast will only exhaust you and make you thirsty and hungry. Instead, focus on hobbies that won’t drain you out.