- To ensure your child takes up a good height make sure to add good sources of proteins like eggs, paneer, soya products, small amounts of cheese and beans.
- School going children tend to fall sick often which can weaken their immune system. Power foods like sweet potato, broccoli, mushrooms, oranges, amla, curds and yoghurt can benefit the child.
- Foods rich in vitamin A like carrot, pumpkin, eggs and beetroot if included in tiffin can act as excellent vision booster.
- Also nuts and seeds like almonds, peanuts, walnuts and raisins are wholesome foods.
- Paneer cutlets: Paneer + carrot + 1 tsp almond powder + potato, mix and make cutlet and shallow fry.
- Cheese kathi roll: Knead atta with 1tsp of peanut powder + 1 tsp of beetroot + egg instead of water. Make chapati of this and spread some tomato sauce and sprinkle cheese on it and roll it.
lollipop: Nutrela nuggets + wheat bread + seasoning + egg method:
Soak nutrela nuggets, squeeze out water, churn in a mixer with all things except egg. Make into cutlets and insert an ice cream stick [can do this pre-preparation a day before]. Apply egg on lollipop and shallow fry.