In today’s world of fatigue, stress, anxiety, migraines, heart disease, cholesterol, etc., the way we eat, how much we eat and what we eat matter. Good nutrition is considered a big part of a healthy lifestyle. The role of food and nutrition in health is a valuable tool that can support many medicines currently in use to rid people of the large number of diseases plaguing them today. A well-balanced meal is translating into smarter ways to eat for health.
- Green Tea, which has antioxidants, has chemo preventive effects.
- Garlic which has sulphur therefore it has cancer chemo preventive, antibiotic, anti-hypertensive, and cholesterol-lowering properties
- Dairy Products are one of the best sources of calcium, an essential nutrient which can prevent osteoporosis. They also contain probiotics which improves intestinal microbial balance.
- Flaxseeds which contain omega-3 fatty acid reduce total and LDL cholesterol as well as platelet aggregation.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene which is good for cancer prevention and has antioxidant properties.
- Fish, particularly Salmon, contains omega 3 fatty acids, has cardio protective effect.
- Fenugreek has active constituents like saponins, dietary fiber, amino acids, which help lower blood sugar.