- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green Veggies absorb environmental toxins, increase bile production and neutralize heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides, which lowers the burden on the liver.
- Cruciferous Vegetables: Crucifers contain vital phytonutrients to help your liver neutralize chemicals. Broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower and daikon, a root rich in phenolic compounds that could prevent the formation of carcinogen in your stomach in response to foods made with hydrogenated oils and sodium nitrite.
- Tea: Make yourself a nice cup of green or black tea. Brimming with antioxidants, they can help protect your body’s cells against damage and mutation. Green tea also contains a powerful antioxidant that may inhibit the growth of cancer cells, while black tea can boost the immune system, lower the risk of stroke and may help prevent osteoporosis.
- Avocado: A vital source of monounsaturated fat rich in oleic acid. Avocados contain glutathione, which is an essential nutrient for liver health.
- Olive Oil: Organic oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed are rich in phenols (the same anti-inflammatory compounds found in berries and apples) which are a great support for the liver. Daily consumption of olive oil supports the liver in decreasing oxidative stress in the body. A toxic liver can lead to inflammatory diseases, such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, and autoimmune diseases. Without a healthy liver, you may suffer from hormonal imbalances that can cause headaches, mood swings, and depression. So, don’t forget to nurture this amazing organ!
Saturday, 27 February 2016
FOODS FOR HEALTHY LIVER
Some super foods which could be included in your diet are: